Thursday, April 9, 2009

Happy Birthday!

Today is my nephew's birthday, I can't believe he is 5 years old today. It was 5 years ago that I went to Italy to welcome him in this world. I had just arrived and fallen asleep. Moments later I hear "I think it's time and I know you're tired from traveling but we have to go to the hospital now!" When he came out, he looked just like me as a baby! That is a very funny feeling, one I will never forget. It was 5 years ago that I smuggled 10 bottles of Italian wine on my carry on and had some charming strong man on each flight who was nice enough to help me place it on the shelf. A lot can happen in five years. His name is DelSean Clinton Miles. The Clinton keeps my late father's last name around. He will begin school this year so instead of a toy, I bought him the live caterpillars that will turn into a butterfly in a few weeks. If he doesn't kill them, this will be a great learning experience. It teaches him patience, responsibility, and helps him understand the process of a caterpillar's life cycle. His mom is getting him a power wheels Escalade that costs more than the average car note!... And I thought I spoiled my son. What's funny is that I wanted to get my little one an escalade or hummer. It looks fun. I remember always asking for a Barbie powerwheel but #1, mom said she couldn't afford it and #2, I think i was too big and exceeded the weight limit so that would have been a waste of money. Maybe she just said that so she wouldn't have to explain why I always had flat tires on my powerwheel. Oh well, I survived on a tricycle and banana seat bike!

Anyway we're off this weekend to see Grandma and old friends I have reconnected with on facebook so this should be fun.

Have a great Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment